Interview and Write


Interview and Write, Tsukijima, Nov. 10 2017



Nexus editor Greg Pratt explains how Camosun’s newspaper caters to the campus’s students and reports on issues that’ll be of importance to them. 



The paper's staff is mainly made up of student writers, with more professional editors working as a backbone. They are funded by student fees and work on a small budget. The stories covered often relate to issues that average students will go through or could find important. 



"Generally, students here have a hard time caring because it’s so removed from you and you’re so busy with your studies and stuff,” says Greg Pratt.

“I resist click bait, I resist sensationalism, but I do think we need to deliver things in a such a manner that shows why you should care.”



No story is considered too controversial if it is relevant to the students. In the past, the Nexus has covered subjects of scandal and corruption, where other newspapers wouldn’t.



"If it’s reasonable and rational, we aren’t really going to back down from anything.” says Pratt.



The Nexus is a paper made by students, for students. It covers topics that are relevant to Camosun attendants and continues to be one of the best examples of a consistent school newspaper in terms of quality and structure.  


Comments

  1. Hey there - I read your post and wasn't sure if I was supposed to make a comment or not but thought I would. You did a neat and tidy summary here. I felt mine was a bit run-on. It's amazing how reading these articles emphasizes how people can sit in the same presentation and take away totally different perspectives on things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Analyzing a Blog

Free Tuition

Bike Lanes